Fire Department - Lacy Lakeview, Texas
Dial 9-1-1 for emergencies
JOIN THE LACY LAKEVIEW FIRE DEPARTMENT.
The Fire Department is accepting applications for new members. The requirements are:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Reside in the city limits of Lacy Lakeview
- No convictions of any felony or arson
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License
- Pass a department background investigation
- Pass a Physical Examination and Drug/Alcohol Screening
- Willing to Serve Your Community on a Volunteer basis
- Must attend training on Tuesday nights and/or optional monthly Saturday drill
Applications are also available at the Police Department and City Hall, located at 503 E.
Craven. If you have any questions, please contact Interim Fire Chief/Fire Marshal Patricia Byars-Faulkner, Ext #224
ABOUT THE LACY LAKEVIEW FIRE DEPARTMENT
Lacy Lakeview Fire Department proudly protects 5,764 people living in an area of 5 square miles. The department is a separate organization from the city, and receives 100% funding from the city budget. There are 2 stations that house three engines, one utility, one tanker truck, one brush truck, and one light tower trailer. The department command structure consists of a paid Fire Chief, paid Fire Marshal, and 2 volunteer Lieuntenants. There are also sixteen positions for volunteer fire fighters. The department has two stations and a separate office. The office for the fire marshal is located behind station 1 at the city hall complex on East Craven. Station 1 is the main response station, and station 2, located on the north end of town, houses our mutual aid trucks. The City of Lacy Lakeview currently has an ISO rating of 6. The City was reinspected in June 2001, and the rating was lowered from a 7 to a 6. Efforts will continue to lower the city ISO rating.
- #1 RULE: Safety of our Responders
- Fire Control
- Property Conservation
Our Services include:
- Fire fighting
- Search and Rescue
- Plan review
- Fire Prevention talks, tours, and classes
- Involvement with the community
- Dialing 9-1-1
- The City of Lacy Lakeview provides a 24 hour Dispatch Center at the Police Department.
All emergency calls come into this center. A Police unit is dispatched to all fire calls and at the
same time the fire department is paged out on a VFH radio based system. A secondary page is
sent out on an alpha paging system.
- Fund Raiser: Purchased five (5) inch supply fire hose, and other fire equipment: Donation on
water bills are collected monthly. Some funds have been used recently to build a BBQ trailer.
This will be used at concerts, community events, fund raising efforts for the Police and Fire
Department. Thank You for your support.
- Easter Egg Hunt Saturday before Easter at 10:00 a.m. Veterans Memorial Park
- Scholarship: The department awards one $500.00 scholarships to a Connally senior every year.
- The State Firemen's and Fire Marshals' Association of Texas
- The Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- McLennan County Fire Protection Association
- National Fire Protection Association
- International Fire Chiefs Association
- Texas Fire Chiefs Association
Annual activities include:
- MDA telethon on Labor Day
- 4th of July Parade
503 E. Craven
Phone: (254) 799-2479 ext. 232
Fax: (254) 799-8790
Station 1: 505 East Craven
Phone: (254) 799-2479
Fax: (254) 799-8770
Interim Fire Chief/Fire Marshal: Patricia Byars-Faulkner, Ext #224
Volunteer Fire Fighter/President: Luther Ward
Volunteer Fire Fighter/Vice-President: Jerry Hall
Volunteer Fire Fighter Lieutenant: Greg Copeland
Volunteer Fire Fighters:
Capt. Greg Copeland
Lt. Jerry Hall
Lt. Jason Warford
Lt. Luther Ward